Whilst in London for London Fashion Week I spent two of the nights at a great serviced apartment called SACO Apartments The Canon. It managed to surpass my extremely high demands. Choosing where to stay in London throughout London Fashion Week is not an easy decision. I know one might say that my demands are unreasonable but I have a list and I don’t really wish to compromise, after all, it’s a hectic time and the easier my life is made, the more efficient I can be.
This my London Fashion Week Accommodation Demand List.
- Spacious – think of all the stuff I take with me
- Provide a good workstation – need to write edit on repeat
- A great bathroom with lots of light – makeup rules
- A comfy bed – those few hours of sleep should at least be good ones
- Central location – the shows are already scattered around all of central London, maybe you can be in decent proximity to a few of them.
- Some sort of reception desk to receive my invites in advance.
Hotel rooms generally miss out on the first two demands and apartments generally miss out on the last one. Staying with a friend is a great option if you have friends with unused space available in central London, if you do have such friends treasure them.
I came across these SACO Apartments The Canon whilst hunting around for different accommodation types. Located bang in the heart London right next to St Paul’s Cathedral and my favourite shopping spot – Old Spitalfields Market which was actually also a venue for the Topshop LFW Center this year, this place ticks off my entire list of demands.
- The bathroom was enormous and was stocked with L’Occitaine products.
- There was more than one area on which to work including a super comfy sofa and armchair and a Smart HD flatscreen and Apple TV box.
- We had bathrobes and slippers and nice huge towels.
- There was a kitchen pre-stocked at no cost with cereal, muesli, popcorn and chocolates. A dishwasher and washer including the products to make use of them were also provided.
- The bed was beautifully soft and there was also a nice wardrobe for me to hang everything in.
- The reception was also great and had all my invites and other information waiting for me on my arrival. They even allowed me late checkout on the last day.
- Location is great, shops and bars around and the hubby event went for a run along the river.
I honestly have nothing but praise for this place..well maybe they could have brightened up the skies somewhat ..it was a little bit grey for September.
All Photos by Kurt Paris